how do i get my daughter to go potty on the potty cair she thinks its a timeout so i give her a toy but when i tell her go potty she dont understand but she has all the signs of being redy to be potty trained

beth1234567

Asked by beth1234567 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have potty trained a ton of kids before, and the only thing I used was a five pound bag of gummy bears. (I worked in daycare and sometimes trained as many as 10-12 kids at one time). For a girl, make sure to take her to the bathroom with you when you go... that lets her see that Mommy does it too. And then when she finally DOES go potty in the toilet/pottychair, then reward her with a gummy bear or her favorite candy (another popular one is m&ms.) Most seem to catch on pretty quickly & I've never seen it fail.... good luck!
    mrs_patterson

Answer by mrs_patterson at 1:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I made up tons of SILLY potty songs, just use your imagination and let it flow! I wouldent recommend candy myself but that's just me! I made up SO many potty songs and potty dances...just add your childs name somewhere in the song and they love it! Good luck...it's a tough road no matter how you go about it.
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 1:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you tried her on the toilet? My son would never sit on his potty chair (come to think of it I think it may have been for about the same reason thinking it'st ime out .. oops..) but once I started letting him use the regular potty he would go no problem.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2009