How do you cook broccoli so the kids eat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The only broccoli my 4 year old son likes is from the chines restuarant, he is extremley pickey eater, my 9 month old will eat anything you give him.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my 5yr old looooves broccoli!!! she asks for it almost every day!! i just steam it on the stove..sometimes she has it with cheeze whiz melted on top, other times she just eats it plain
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• put a cheese sauce on it if your cooking it or let them eat it raw and dip it in ranch dressing. my son has always enjoyed broccoli
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled on top so it can melt....my mom did it for me im doin it for mine...LOL but brocolli is way better with cheese
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• By adding carrots or some other veg that my kids will actually eat. Or by hiding it in something. My kids don't like it, they've tried it, but I think it's a textural thing for them rather than the flavour.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I boil them in water. LOL My daghter LOVES broccoli.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it is a like or dislike thing. I steamed them and told my kids they were baby trees and they were all for it. When they were little if I told them it had vitamins and was good for them, they ate it. Then they got old............
    Yimpulsiveme

Answer by Yimpulsiveme at 2:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my kids love it, i steam it, and i also through into rice or other one pot dinners, we sprinkle cheese or i make cheese sauce, my kids love it with cauliflower. One of my boys will even eat it raw.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i steam it and am just lucky they like it i guess. They love it!!! I add cheese to mine sometimes and they dont want any on theirs. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• we add it to dishes. chicken alfredo and stir fry are our favorites. we eat broccoli a lot but almost never by itself. the kids don't even bat an eye at it when it's in with a bunch of other stuff! it's good with ranch dressing, too.
    pretty_menace

Answer by pretty_menace at 2:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2009