not feeling well - sweating, dizzy, feeling faint - plz help?

i am 30 weeks pregnant with my first - i have gestational diabetes and hypertension - tonight i am not feeling well - i feel like the house is sweltering hot but my husband says its not hot at all - i am sweating i feel dizzy and i feel faint - is this normal?? my doctor is out of town until friday so if anyone can tell me plz help - this feels so gross and wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The fact that you have gestational diabetes and hypertension explains it to me. Those are symptoms of both, seeing as you've been diagnosed with them already. 30 weeks is still very early so I am fairly certain they wouldn't deliver. Have you taken your blood pressure? If you can check it, do so and if it is very high then go to the ER tonight. If not...take it easy. Prop your feet up, put a cool wash cloth on your head and just close your eyes for a minute. If you don't start feeling better then it might be safe to go. If you start feeling better then don't go but def. call your docs office and see if you can speak with a nurse or another doc and let them know what's going on. They will probably want to see you. GL!
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• go to the er
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• it is that bad? the hospital is about a 45 minute drive i would have to call the ambulance - i was hoping it was not that serious - will my baby be okay they arent going to have to deliver are they - i am not far enough to deliver yet! what is it that is causing this - does anyone know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Are you dehydrated? Is your blood sugar okay? I agree with javila, she's right on track. You're better off safe than sorry, it's not worth something happening. It's better to be sent home embarrassed.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• go take a cool bath or drink lots of cold water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009