Husband and Christianity

I am a christian and i have been for years. There were several year (when i met my husband and got married) That i wasn't really involved in religion. I had a church that i went to and loved. But started to realize that i was around a bunch of "Christians on sunday" type people and i didn't like it. I still believed in God but I didn't want to be lumped with those people. So now i'm older and find myself constantly going back the bible and regularly attending church. Well my husband is really uncomfortable with the idea. He has attended church a few times and i've tried to have a conversation about it with him but it doesn't get anywhere. My husband is a man of few words and I don't know what to do with him. What does the bible say about this kind of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I kinda in the same situation. I used to go to church and didn't like the people I was around so I left. I met my hubby and now years later I went back to church and read the Bible. My hubby on the other hand is not much into the whole church thing, but he don't mind if I go and will watch the kids. I talked to him about coming to me with church but he is not going for that, I talked to some people I go to Bible study with and they suggest to stop pushing it on him and just pray, so that is what I have been doing, he doesn't go to church yet but he opened up his mind to christianity more then he was before.

I guess my point is just pray for him.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Love him and pray that his heart would be opened to the love of God. Show by example how good God is. My husband was not a believer either for several years into our marriage. He finally got so jealous of my relationship with God that he wanted to experience God for himself! He's been saved and loved by God now for the past 30 years. <:)))))<<

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The Power of a Praying Wife is a really good book. I highly recommend it and also the study guide that goes along with it. Once you start reading this book be ready to see some change :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Which is more important to you?

That he stay happily married and not divorce you?

Or that he become your sort of Christian?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• anon. :47 she can pray for her husband and he doesn't ever have to know. Its between her and God. She wouldn't be forcing him to do anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would go to a different church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Here is what the Bible says about it. 1 Corinthians 7:12-16. i wouldnt push your DH on this, but put it in God's hands.

12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
    cont.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• 15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife? 17Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.

give it to God...thats about all you can do.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• okmanders.......... perfect quote for the sitution.

Just pray. Don't push him because that might push him away.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Just start with expressing your gratitude about how understanding he is about YOU participating in your faith. Let him know how much that means to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009