how do i get my 15mo son to eat food ahain?only drinks now.PLEASE help?worried mommy.

Hello i am a 1st mommy of a baby boy.well at 6mo i gave him a little bit of bannans.He luv it,i was so happy i told his dr at apt. well she went up,down me.and told me to only to give him hissoy-simalacbottle.untell he was 1. well i thought she knew best. i dident unrestand it. well to put this fast for u.i changed baby dr after all the meds she kept giveing my son saying forhis ears.he always seemed sick with her.well new drset up ear sergry for him asap.and said to feed him.well he wont eat now.only formela. dr said to keep him on it for now. at least he takeingthat.she thinks he might not be eating toois because of teething,the ear sergry.well i am lucky if i get a couple of spoons in him in a week. i am so worried!god i love my son with all my heart/soul.he truly is my life. so if any one has any ideals what to do please lut me know.he wont even drink juice .he weighs23pounds now .thank u for reading.godbless mommyworld

mommysangealboy

Asked by mommysangealboy at 2:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well if your doctor says the formula is okay i wouldnt really worry..although i know its impossible not to. 23 pounds at 15 months is great! his weight is good..and if his diapers are good then i wouldnt stress::)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's kinda hard to understand what you are saying , I really was not able to comprehend what you were really asking? (Not trying to be mean)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• They say that 4-6 mo is a good time to start introducing food. If you missed that "window" then he may just be a bit more settled into his formula routine and not so willing to try something new. His weight seems good, and formula is what has all the nutrients up to a year, or even longer. What are you feeding him? I would try mixing up the foods...maybe let him play with some sketty (really really really really finely chopped if he isn't used to chewing) and trying some of the sweeter baby foods...Gerber's Hawaiian delight is one that adults love almost as much as babies, it seems! You could also get some sorbet (in the packaged fruit section there's a great one) or frozen slush for his teeth. IF you get the right ones, they are packed with good nutrients, and they're sweet, which babies naturally love.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Are you saying your 15 month old doesn't eat solids at all?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think that he'll come around. You're basically breaking a habit now. He likes his bottle and that's that. And that isn't a bad thing. Don't stress too much about it, just be consistent.
    After my son has his baba, about an hr later we set up in the high chair and have food. We do anything from bananas and cheerios to a smoothie or an egg in the nest for breakfast. Lunch/snack is cheese and leftovers from dinner or even half of a grilled ham and cheese sandwhich, and dinner is whatever we're having, or spaghettios. Just some ideas. But kids like weird things. My son will only eat white cheese (which we realized after buying all yellow. Gr.) He hates hot dogs, loves eggs, and won't touch broccoli but loves green beans. Keep trying. You'll both get there. Good luck!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Maybe with the doctor's approval, you could cut back on formula so he would be hungrier at mealtimes? He will not allow himself to starve. Have you tried infant cereal? Mix it with formula so it is more watery and slowly make it firmer. Then you can add different taste/texture to it. Like mashed banana, sweet potatoes, and heck, even green beans/peas. Has your son -ever- had solids? If not... you may have to be slow at introducing tastes and textures. Just keep offering the food. If he won't take it, don't force it. My pediatrician said no more than 20oz milk/formula a day. My son takes 16oz (3 6oz servings) of milk and eats 3 meals and a snack. I don't know if your son is on this diet for a reason so I don't want to advise any dramatic changes to his diet. However, cereal should have the familiar taste of formula and maybe that will get him going! Good luck.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry, I just read that he has had bananas. It's late here!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Well the only option that i can think of is i know this may not sound appetizing to you but maybe it will be to him, infact my friend did it with her child and i do it for the 5 month old sometimes as a treat kinda. my son too is on the soy formula, and is 5 months old tall as all get out and 19 lbs. i mix a jar of baby food in with his formula, this may mean that you are going to have to cut the nipple a little bit to get the food out. That way he gets a taste for the food and a little bit of food in him without him pushing away the spoon, then after that try a little bit less formula and a little bit more bannanas or applesauce or something in the bottle, then eventually he should start to come around and eat for you. Once he knows how good it is Michael (my friends son) opened rite up, but it took about 2 weeks for this. I think it may be worth a try, hope everything works out.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• first try baby cereal...then mixed it with a fruit( banana, applesauce, peach) gerber also has puffs(they melt in the mouth) yogurt etc....
    dormilona

Answer by dormilona at 11:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2009