Don't judge me!

When observing other parents, what makes you judgmental? Vaxing, no vaxing, smoking in front of kids, leashes, etc. I'm just curious what responses this will get! Should be fun! Feel free to answer anonymously...

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 3:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Like the 1st person to post, what bothers me are parents who don't treat their children well. Let's brainstorm... Swearing directly at your child. Screaming at your child for screaming, spanking your child for hitting, etc. Smoking in the same area as your child...it isn't so hard to step outside, I do it. Allowing your kid to walk around in a filthy house, playing in animal litter, etc. Yelling at a child without trying to reason first. Telling a 1 yr old "I'm going to bust your ass." The idea that your child is just crying for attention (ok, I get this one, I am a mother, but there are times when your child does need something, and that whole "only crying for attention" thing is not the cure all for responsibility.)
    But I'm not bitter...
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Actually, I really only dislike it if parents treat the kids like crap. I hate it when people are trashy to thier kids. EWW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• kids that are dirty past the point of normal kid dirt that just happens. like you can tell they haven't bathed in days
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't have time to judge other mom, my hands are full with my kids, besides I can't change what other mothers do that I don't like, so why waist my precious time when there isn't enough time as it is.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Kids in raggedy dirty clothes while the mom is decked out and talking on her cell ignoring them.

And if I'm being honest with myself, seeing a newborn get a bottle of formula, I would never say anything but I am willing to admit that I DO make a snap judgement. Then I usually stop and tell myself I don't know their situation and something may be going on in that family other than my first assumption.

catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm SO with you on the bottle fed newborn. I'm like, at least give BFing a shot! It's not always easy, but it's so much better for babies. Smoking in front of the kids kills me, too. Also, people who don't step in when their kids are being bratty, or bullying other kids.
    I'm not saying I'm a super judgmental mom, but looovemybabies, you have to admit, every now and then, you judge another mom.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Ooo that was a good one. She does that too. Kid has no clothes, and she's buying pack upon pack of cigarettes and has a new phone again.
    PS. I'm the opposite. I know that moms have every reason/right to breastfeed anywhere, but when im out in public i just get freaked out if i see it.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Carelessness, and negative environments for children! Parents who do not give a damn! Or the parents who are abusive, mentally, physically, and spiritually! Also bias from parents that are passed on the their kids out of pure ignorance! (you think how I think you act how I act ....etd..)
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes I do judge other parents that do not put their child in a car seat the right way, parents that let their child use the seat belt wrong and parents that let their child make a mess in the store. I'm not talking about the small child that wants to touch everything on the shelves. I'm talking about older children that should know better then knocking things off the shelves. I also judge the parents that try to play like their child is perfect as their child is hurting another child. Got to love the parents that stand there saying my child would never do that. Yea your child is doing that. LOL
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• musicpisces, I really honstly don't care, how parents raise there kids, as long as they are not killing them it's really not my business, I focus on my parenting skills and not others, I don't know there situation so why jump to conclusions and or judge.
    Like couple of you on here jumping to conclusions about infants being bottle fed, really it's not your child so why care, worry about your own families you gave birth to them not to others, so why let it botter you so much to the point were some moms just get angry at other peoples problems. My opinion
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009