orgasm = contractons?

I just started getting intense BH after having an orgasm, is that normal?? I am 30 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, that may happen. They're not harmful, unless you're at risk for preterm labor (your doctor would have you on "pelvic rest" if that was the case). My tummy would be hard for like an hour after a good orgasm when I was pregnant.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yep, normal. The vagina and uterus contract during orgasm - it causes the cervix to dip into the vagina more for conception purposes. Funny how that works, huh?

BH contractions obviously are no big deal. It just shows that your body is gearing up and preparing for labor.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Having an orgasm will definitely bring on contractions. No worry, what you are feeling is normal =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009