are mice dangerous to babies ??

so my apartment seems to be infested with mice.
my landlord wont do anything about it an i have tired alot of thing to get ride of them.. i have a 9 month old lil girl an i am so worried that she is going to get sick from them ..
can she ??

redivy

Asked by redivy at 4:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• VERY. There was a report not too long ago about an infant being eaten by rats. (Not mice, rats.) Rodents carry disease. Force your landlord to get an exterminator.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I live near a hill side and i have field mice that come into my house and during the winter they seem to navigate into my house because it is warm. i've tried the traps etc.. but they just didn't work but ridex makes these little bricks that are green i don't for the life of me know what they are called, but your deffinately going to need to hide them in the house where your baby won't be able to reach them or they won't come in contact with your baby's bottles or food or baby, Also riddex makes this thing that you plug into a wall socket that omits a sound througout the electrical wires in your household. I bought it at an as seen on tv store and i haven't seen a mouse since, i don't know what got rid of them the blocks or the riddex thing but it is good for cockroaches, mice and other pesky critters. You will only need 1 and it's about 20.00. As for your landlord if he doesn't get rid of the mice cont...
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• which are his problem to begin with, talk to some other neighbors that you have and file a complaint with the city or some type of fair housing community that would be in your neighborhood, i'm not quite sure where your from but there are deffinately laws against being a slum lord, and from the sounds of it that's what he is sounding like. The baby should be fine but mice droppings around the baby aren't and they can cause infection etc.... You need to get this taken care of as soon as possible(like you don't know that) good luck!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i wouldn't be worried about your lo being bitten by mice, but I would be concerned about the disease they carry

Answer by missanc at 7:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009