Do you tire of mothers on here that feel the need to use Cafemom as a forum to preach rather then to ask and answer?

I respect the Catholics, Christians, Jehovahs Witnesses, LDS, Wiccans, Pagans, Agnostics, Athiest, Muslims, Buddists, etc. So why do a certain crowd insist on cramming their religion down the throats of hundreds of women that come in here to ask and answer. Could they not just private messege the waywardly soul that really wants to receive a bible lesson?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "i find it fascinating that a preachy, self-righteous mom can get suspended but the snarky,mockin-xtians/religion moms don't."

The woman who we're discussing here said some TERRIBLE things about Muslims. HORRIBLE things. She absolutely deserved to be banned.

There's a difference between sarcasm and hatespeech.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, and it isn't just about religion. It is about how everyone except them is a terrible mom. Just because we didn't do things thier way! UGH I am really beginning to dislike the women on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No it doesn't bother me. I just ignore the questions. I ignore the "am I pregnant" questions too!!! LOL!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• well all i know is that the religious cramming and quoting and preaching got a very irritating mom kicked off of here. I just learned 2mothershelpers was cancelled thank the good lord.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Between the religious Post and the Political Post. I am about to go nuts!!! I am about to SCREEM!!

I think the religious are raised to cram there ideas down others throats. I think it is somewhere in the bible.

How would they like it if we non-believers decided to go around and knock on there doors and pay for slots on tv and preach our beliefs

Answer by louise2 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I COME INTO THIS SITE TO SOOTHE WITH MY WORDS, I LOOK FOR THE EMOTIONALLY NEEDY, THE LONELY THE ONES SEEKING OUT SOME HELP. I FIND GREAT SATISFACTION IN DOING SO. THE PREACHING DOES NOT BOTHER ME, JUST SKIP OVER THEM NO NEED TO BE NASTY AND RUDE. THE MOUSE CAN GUIDE YOU TO ANY OTHER QUESTION OR POST THAT IS OF YOUR INTEREST, SIMPLE AND EASY THING TO DO.

Answer by older at 6:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just learned 2mothershelpers was cancelled thank the good lord.

All that means is it will take you a week or two to figure out her new screen name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have a question for your question. What do you consider preaching?
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If I don't want to hear a religious lesson today, I skip it. ONly I am in control of computer, nobody else. I can't claim I am being "preached" too if I choose to open the question and read it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• if I choose to open the question and read it.

You assume that they are all phrased in a way to indicate they are Christians looking to preach. Some start out as simple as "What do you think of this?"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009