birth marks

i noticed that my baby has a pinkish red mark on her forehead..you cant always see it...you can see it the most when shes upset..and i read that it can be her birthmark..that makes sense because she dont have one anywhere else...so my question is..has any of your babies had this? and did it get darker when they got older?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 6:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds like the typical "Stork Bite" or "Angel's Kiss" to me, and they do not generally get darker as they grow older. In fact, when they are noticable without the child getting upset, they actually get lighter as they grow most times.
    All 3 of my daughters had Angel's Kisses on their foreheads and at the base of their skulls in where their hair grows. The redness on the foreheads of all 3 daughters faded away so they can't even be seen anymore. One daughter lost the redness at the base of her skull altogether, one daughter's faded but is still there if you look closely, and one daughter still has hers. The good thing is that the Angel's Kisses are inside where their hair grows so they can't be seen at all - even when their hair is up.
    Talk with your pediatrician about it next time to put your mind at ease, but that is what it sounds like to me. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009