No where to turn

8 1/2 months pregnant and have a 3 year old at home, and my DH was just arrested for DWI. It's his first offense. I'm waiting for him to call me back.

I'm so ashamed I can't even put my name to this...I don't want any of my friends to know.

I just needed to get it out. Please don't bash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Sorry this is happening to you. I hope this stops him fro drinking and driving. Next time you might be going to the Morgue to identify him:(

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm so sorry. You know what, it's going to be OK. Yes, your hubby made a mistake, but we all make mistakes from time to time. If it's his first offense, then it won't be as bad, and hopefully he's learned his lesson. You'll get through this, and soon, it'll all be a thing of the past. Don't hold it over his head, I'm sure he'll feel bad enough. Just help him through this. I'm sure he learned his lesson. (HUGS)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Keep your head up girl, it will be ok. it must be really hard at the moment. Thank God nothing happened to him or anyone else, hope everything will be ok :)
    SabrahMyLove

Answer by SabrahMyLove at 7:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I got a DUI in 2001 and let me tell you, it was humiliating. I felt so horrible about it, not to mention the money for lawyers, court fines, and wreckless driving class. If your hubby is anything like me, he's probably feeling guilty enough as it is. I had a good family to let me know how wrong it was to drink and drive, but they also supported me and was there for me. I lost my liscense for a year and it was on my record for 7 years, it even knocked me out of a job once, but I learned my lesson and hopefully he will too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Honey, don't be ashamed. First off, YOU didn't do anything. Second, everyone makes mistakes. Now I don't believe it is okay to drink and drive AT ALL. But everyone makes mistakes. You guys will get through this, and hopefully he learned a lesson and it will not happen again. It will be okay.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009