I have just finished breastfedding after 13 months!! AFter 2 weeks of being done I am still producing and sometimes leaking milk. HOw long will this last???

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 7:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped breastfeeding when my DD was 10months and I kept 'leaking' as I called it lol for a bit over 10 days. Giving up breastfeeding was one of the hardest things I ever had to do :( so my thoughts are with you x
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• DD weaned at 11 months and now she's 27 months and I still have milk...not enough to be engorged but enough for me to squirt a few inches if it squeeze. My doc says that some women never really dry up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I weaned DD at 13 months too. I still get a little after a hot shower, but I stopped leaking after about a month. But I agree with PP some women never stop producing.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 8:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i just stopped breastfeeding my 14mths old son,just wear a firm bra day and night,try also to reduce your fluid intake for a while and keep ur baby's hands off your breast to prevent stimulation of the nipple.good luck.
    happymum113

Answer by happymum113 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It can last years!

Things to dry you up are
    No more milk tea (basically sage tea)
    Cabbage leaves in your bra
    Cold and allergy medicines
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It took me 2 months to finally dry up completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It can take a while. I leaked for a few weeks, and even a year after my oldest weaned, I got that letdown tingle and started leaking when there was a newborn crying at the grocery store.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2009