how can you speed up labour....im 38 + 3 sooo fed up now!!

clairey89

Asked by clairey89 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there are LOTS of things you can TRY, but nothing will work unless BABY is ready.
    it looks like this is your first. the avg time that a first time mom goes into labor is 41w1d. that means lots of women go over that. nothing is wrong w/ going over. and "due dates" are just what they are, ESTIMATES. they can be off by 2wks. let your baby "cook" longer. that way she'll be more healthy.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You can try walking or sex. At least those things may keep you mind off of things. I know i was done by my 35th week. LOL. I had all 3 of mine at 38wks. though. Well my first was closer to 37wks. but i was preeclamptic with him. I know it gets uncomfortalbe near the end, but hang in there.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Pregnancy isn't easy lady. Suck it up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• im 39 weeks and 6 days and still no baby.how u think i feel lol
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 8:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• you could still have 4 weeks left so hang in there! i don't think there would be anything to make labor start this early, other than the baby being ready and your body doing it yourself. [of course there are drugs your dr could give (pitocin) that can do it but that would be too risky imo]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• trust me enjoy the time u have left...i just went into labor saturday..and the pain was so unbarable! i didnt think i was in labor until i was screaming in pain...turns out when iwent into the hospital i was a 5cm....enjoy ur time left cuz no matter how much pain u think ur in now...it CAN get worse lol
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• not a lot of ppl dont go through pain when they r in labor.it kind of comes with the package.i think i ratheer go through it n have my baby here with me and be able to hold her in my arms instead of constantly wondering if shes ok in myy belly and dealing with the constant discomfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• enjoy your last momements of peace. but walking a sex works sometimes.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Enjoy the time you have left. Your life will never be the same again. I mean that in a good way, but everything is about to get much harder.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009