For all you Republican moms out there....i have a good question

I hear a lot of women tearing down the liberals and having their opinions, which I can respect but I have a couple questions that I just dont get....
1. Have you ever been low-income or knows what its like to live check to check?
2. You want to cut access to public assistance even those who need it...you say ppl life off the government, what about those of us in school to change our future to phase out of the system?
3. I am a mother of a 2 year old, and expecting my 2nd in January, I work for minimum wage part-time, while going to school full-time to become a RN....I currently have Medicaid while Im pregnant but do you think it's right for me to not have healthcare at all until I find a job....(my employer does not offer insurance)
4. Do you believe Im a bad mother because I work....my SO was laid off from his job when the employer downsized and we are living off only my income...stayin at home is not an option

mzhazelrae313

Asked by mzhazelrae313 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. Have you ever been low-income or knows what its like to live check to check?

You mean besides today right now?
    The worst problem with liberals is they actually believe what they are spoonfed - that all Republicans are rich, heartless old men and their pampered wives. It's very simple - give a man a fish, teach a man to fish. It doesn't matter if I'm homeless, living in my car, I still will never believe it's better to give the fish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have never been so low income that I couldn't pay my bills, but in this economy it could happen to anyone. Pubic Assistance should be used for and by people who need it to get over a rough patch. There are people who "live off the system" but if you look at the amount the receive to live off from you would have to agree it isn't much! Truely take the amount that can be collected and try to pay your bills with it! It is nearly impossible! Plus, if you look at the numbers of fraud cases by state (available trough your social services dept.) you will see that the number of people living off the system is pretty low. cont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't think it is wrong for you to be on Medicaid while you are pregnant and in this tough situation, nor do I think you shouldn't be taking advantage of every service available to you. Some women have intentionally gotten pregnant to use the system. I think that is wrong. It is wrong to bring a child into an already bad situation by choice. Anybody who thinks you are a bad mother for working to support your family needs to have their head examined!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, we live paycheck to paycheck. And no, I have no issue with a Helping hand "up" to those who are trying to better themselves, and need assistance while doing so. I have issues with those that are lazy, and "expect" to live off Public assistance because they don't want to work!
    And no...why would I think you are a bad mom because you work???
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• MOST repubs dont give two sh*ts about people. They think poor people are beneath them. Its a selfish country with too many people thinking "Why should they have what i have". Its sick. But hopefully the dems will be able to get past them and past UHC immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• 1.) I am low income and we do live check to check.
    2.) We don't want to "cut assistance from those who need it", but we don't think that adding more government programs that we can't afford is the answer. If you have $20 in your bank account you shouldn't write a check for $100,000- that isn't good economics.
    3.) You are obviously in need and that's what Medicade is there for. Not for every Tom and Jerry who chooses not to pay for their own health care because it is not a priority for them.
    4.) Why would I think you're a bad mother? That's silly to assume that because I'm a republican I don't support mothers who work outside of the home to support themselves in their family. I would think you were a bad mother if you kept on popping out babies while sitting at home collecting all kinds of assistance and with no motivation to obtain a job to pull your own weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Hi first I refer to myself conservative and not republican at this time.
    1. Yes

2.I do not know where you have gotten this from as most republicans do not want to cut off ALL PA.Most would like to see some good changes within the system and more assurance that it is indeed going to only those who need it..esp the disabled and elderly those who are truely incapable of doing for themselves.PA was originally put out as a temporary program meant to supplment an income not to provide all the living expenses and for people to live off of generation to generation.As for those like yourself who use it temporary and do something with your life kudos.

3.As I said in number 2..BUT I will say this you would have 'healthcare' regardless health insurance is a different thing.I did not have health insurance during my second pregnancy either and I worked out a payment plan with my doctor for prenatal care and delivery

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• MOST repubs dont give two sh*ts about people. They think poor people are beneath them.

Another delusional one who thinks only rich people are conservative. Course you aren't even educated enough to understand that Obama isn't even trying to pass UHC in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• 4. No I do not think you are a bad mother for working.We have to do what we have to do.I am a sahm myself and I am glad, but I have worked outside the home before and likely will again.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, I've lived check to check and been down and out before. Here's the real politically incorrect question that I'm sure will piss a lot of people off: if you were already having a tough time financially, working at minimum wage and struggling, then why did you get pregnant again? Why weren't you more careful so the rest of us don't have to pay to support you and your kid(s)? That, for me, is the real heart of the whole issue. It's about responsibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009