Could I be pregnant?

My son is 9 months old. Me and my husband don't have sex very often, but when we do, we always use condoms. I am not on the Pill and I hate hormonal methods of birth control because they always give me really bad side effects. Over the past few months, my period comes later and later. It was always a normal-length period though. For example, May it started the 16th, June it started the 19th, July it started the 22nd. It's August 26th and my period still has not started. I haven't had any symptoms other than tiredness and no period. I usually have pretty bad PMS symptoms, but they are missing this month. If I am pregnant, the timing is not ideal for us ( we wanted to wait until our son is 2-3 years old )...but we could accommodate a new baby. Need advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey there, I am going through the same thing right now. I havent had a period since June 27th. My son is now 10 months old and i am not breastfeeding so that wouldnt cause me not to have a period. I have been extremely tired and all i want to do is sleep.I have taken two pregnancy tests and which both are negative so i dont know whats going on with me either.I totally agree with you on the whole birth control thing also.Im not on it either and dont really use condoms with my husband . I wish you luck !..let us know whats going on. And if you dont start in the next 2 weeks i would go to the dr and have him check you out and see whats going on. As i will be doing the same
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You would know for sure if you take a test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• you wouldn't know for sure if you took a test, unless it came out positive. if it's positive, then you could be pretty sure that you are pregnant but if it's negative, you still could be pregnant and it's just too soon to tell. but since your period is late, there is a good chance that it would come up positive if you are pregnant. if it's negative, wait a few days and try again.

my periods started 8 months post partum and were longer apart, like yours. 33-35 days. they slowly went down to 30 days but then went back up to 32-34 days recently, making me think i was pregnant a couple of times this summer! so that could be what's going on with you too.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter was 10 months old when I found out I was pregnant...I didn't have a period for a long time while I was breastfeeding, then I only had two regular periods then I got pregnant...they say condoms can break or leak or whatever so I guess anything's possible...I didn't know what I was going to do either with an 18 mnth old and newborn but now they're almost 3 and 16 months and playing together and it's really cute....It'll work out either way, whether you are pregnant or not...good luck...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• UPDATE: I finally got my period today. I am not worried about being pregnant anymore, but I did make an appt with a new gyno in my city since my periods have been off. Maybe they can give me advice about what I can do about that. Thanks for the advice!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009