can someone help me?

I am getting jaw surgery at the end of September. I won't be allowed to eat solids for 6 weeks, so I'd be drinking a lot of Ensure and protein shakes. But that is about 4 weeks away. I have baby weight on me...I need to get toned. My dr said that on average people lose about 20 pounds in recovery, but if you don't keep up the protein you will lose the wrong kind of weight-you'll lose muscle mass. So, I really want to lose weight before and get toned up and strong. I was thinking of using QuickTrim. Anyone try this? I'm just worried that if I lose TOO much weight it will be bad once I lose more weight after surgery. But if I don't get toned Im afraid I will have loose skin (I know gross!) AH! Any advice anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My friend had her jaw broke to correct an overbite...She did lose weight but not enough that she had loose skin 15-20 (lbs) Once your jaw is broken, you should get the powder protein that body builders mix in water or milk. And once you are back to eating normally, you will put half of that back on as your body recovers.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• okay..that was just a fear of mine haha. but i just really want to lose all this baby weight! and i feel like this is my chance bc ill be forced to not eat as much. so i guess just protein shakes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Not to rain on your parade, but you do know that if you don't change your eating habits after you can eat solid food again, you will just gain the weight you lost right back?
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yes i do know this..duh. i am just going to make it a habit. thats why im trying to start NOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Um... "QuickTrim" is just a "quick fix" till your next "quick fix" (jaw surgery), not a healthy eating habit change, which is why I mentioned it.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009