Did I dothe right thing?

My ex wont stop messaging me on Myspace. We havent seen or talked to eachother in 3 yrs and we live in the same town. I have been with My SO for almost 3yrs. We have 3 kids one of which is the Ex's but he doesnt want anything to do with him. Well he sends me a message every once in a while. Every time he does I dont reply and I block him. He makes a new account and sends me another one. Well He sent me one again yesterday I told My SO and he got mad at ME he said that I shouldnt of even opened the message. So I deleted my Myspace account and made a new one with a new email and it has nothing that would point it to me. Did I do the right thing? I am just so aggravated because he is making it seem like I want to talk to him. Like I am talking to him behide his back and I'm not. I dont know . Thanks for your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You did the right thing, but I think your SO overreacted a bit. If i was in your situation, i'd have read it too. Mainly to make sure their was nothing bad in there....threats or something like that. And out of sheer curiousity.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yes you did the right thing

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yep you did the right thing, IMO
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You did the right thing... He should be happy you told him...

That is why I don't have a myspace account... Causes problems in relationships.

My SO hates that I'm not mommy websites all the time , he thinks I have a mommy GF since I told him I only talk to moms all day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm on mommy websites *
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I told him that I had deleted the old one and made a new one that there was no way he could trace me to and asked him if that made him fell better and he said No Not really...Whatever he thinks I went behind his back last yr and had sex with the ex but i didnt. he actually told me when i was pregnant with our 7m old daughter that it wasnt his that she was my ex's. I let my ex for him. I was actually married to my ex. But I fell in love with my so and dont want anyone else. I dont know why he cant see that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Well I think your SO overreacted and he sounds very jealous and controlling. You do have a child with this man. Don't answer or block him or anything. He will get the message when you aren't replying. Just ignore it. Your SO needs to chil
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• in the privacy settings there is the option to block messages from people who aren't your friends. I found this when one of DHs exs was doing the same thing to me (she would create new accounts to email me nasty messages all the time) you go into the privacy settings and you will see the options in the messages I believe to not accept messages from anyone who isn't your friend. That will indeed block your ex from sending you any future messages
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You said you left your ex, that you were married to, for your SO. We maybe your SO thinks you're going to leave him for someone else, which I think is a valid concern. I think you did the right thing

Answer by missanc at 1:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You did the right thing. I have been divorced from my ex for almost 4 years. I have been with my current husband for 3 1/2 years, we just got married. Anyway, about 4 months ago, out of the blue, my ex sends me an email. He knew I had his first wife's email and he wanted it so he could get in touch with her. Well I didn't give it to him, I didn't respond to the email. I went home and told my husband about it and he said he would respond if that was okay with me. I said yes, please do. So my husband sent my ex a message that said to leave me alone and never contact me again (we had no children together) or there would be problems. That was fine with me and it was very nice that my husband ASKED if he could be the one to respond. Haven't been bothered since.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009