Do you think sex is okay before marriage when...

you truly are in love with that person? i saw on Secret Life of a Teenager that the priest told Grace that he believes that...if you are truly in love with that person then it is okay to have sex outside of marriage. That's the message I got out of it. What do you think?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, while I think people should TRY to wait until marriage, if you're not, it should definitely be with someone you love and old enough to know it.

I say try because I had sex before marriage with my now husband. He was my first.. But i dont look down on others for their decisions. It's their choice, not mine.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• it depends on the maturity and the age of the person...i veiw sex as a part of life, as long as we are mature about it....i am okay with sex before marriage because what do you think people did BEFORE church and laws came about? I am in NO way dissing the church....i just believe its part of human nature to have emotions, and sex is a very complex emotion....but we as human beings have the ability to put rational thought into sex...so as long as people are protecting themselves and are being aware of consequences then i see nothing wrong with sex before marriage...i am very open about this and even plan on talking to my daughter when she is older about birth control..(she knows what sex is but shes only 11 so not worried bout birth control now). but the day that she tells me she is sexually active I will make sure she is protecting herself...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It depends on how you belive I guess. I believe what the bible says, and it says sex before marriage is a sin. You have to work out your own salvation though, so it just depends on how you look at things I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• nO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS NOT RIGHT. sorry caps lock. anyway, if you're ready for sex then you should be ready for kids and responsibility and find yourself a good husband, fornication and adultery are both sin. that's why so many teen pregnancies and abortions, because fornicators no matter how young they may be are not ready for it, even with birthcontrol, its never 100% protection. many teens are taught sex before marriage is OK, or even good. and its the opposite, so when they do get married, one day, they dont take sex seriously and lean toward infidelities. which lots of times leads to divorce which in the end messes up the famiy structur and kids wind up sufferring all because sex is ok outside of marriage. sex is a gift for within marriage not betwween boyfriends/girlfriends. thats my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I enjoy watching that show but it entirely sends out the wrong message to teens. It is awful I would be so mad if I had a teenager and they watched that show. Don't base anything you believe on that show. I believe you should be married. I'm a christian. However, I had slipped a little from my beliefs and had sex when I was 16 and ended up pregnant right after I graduated highschool. I am now married to that man whom I love with all my heart and loved with all my heart back then. The love has definitely grown deeper and deeper. I have no returned back to the church and believe sex before marriage is wrong, however- who am I to condemn anyone? I worry about myself, my husband and my son. Thats it. I guess its just all how you believe!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• To have pre-marital sex or not is a very personal decision. The main thing for me is that both are old enough, (I mean legal age) are responsible about it and are doing it because they have feelings for each other. I don't believe in one night stands or just friends with rights. I believe in have self respect, self worth, don't do anything that you don't want to do or enjoy doing and above all, be smart about it. If a girl has a positive self image, is legally considered an adult, is mature and responsible I think her body is her choice. An under age child, no I never will be okay with that but a young adult, hey it's her choice.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I believe it 's ok but a person should be responsible and use a condom or some other form of birth control. Not sure what the priest would say about that!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it's important to have sex with the person before you marry them because sex is a very crucial part of any marriage and if you dont have sexual chemisty then your just setting yourself up for failure.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Well, I have two children with my boyfriend (so, obviously NOT married) and I think it's fine because we ARE in love.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 10:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No, sex before marriage is not something that I think is okay. There are studies that show that people who have sex before marriage have higher divorce rates than those who don't. (And for those that say studies can show whatever you want, find me a study that shows lower divorce rates for people that have sex before marriage)

Answer by missanc at 11:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009