How do you find the time?

I am a divorced mom of 3( under the age of ten) . Don't have anyone to watch my kids, how do I find time to get out and walk/jog in the morning?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 10:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Take the child/children who aren't going to school with you in his/her/their stroller. If the young ones take a nap at a certain time everyday, you can go out during that time so that you can enjoy the "quiet" time while you stroll him/her/them along. If you're military, you can check out your local YMCA and see if they're offering the "free military family membership." My fellow cafemoms and I joined here and they have free 1-1/2 hour daycare for our kids. =)

Since its extremely hot out here in the east coast, I usually go to the mall and walk around there...they have "mile markers" throughout the mall to let you know how far you've walked. Plus the "scenery" isn't too bad...but takes a lot of discipline to not buy into! LOL
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 10:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm not able to go the gym or go jogging because I can't take my kids with me so I work out at home with dvd programs. Much more effective than walking and I can do it whenever I want :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 1:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Take the kids with you. Is there a school nearby? Run around the track while they play in the middle, that way you can keep an eye on them while working out. This technique has been a lifesaver for me!

Also, consider getting a weight training DVD to use at home, so you can do muscle-toning exercises there.

Get a yoga or pilates book and have your kids learn the poses with you.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 11:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I exercise with my kid at home. This new online fitness company offers daily classes that I can attend on my schedule. www.dailyfitplanet.com They have a free trial you can check out.
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 3:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Take the kids with you. Or take them to the park and walk circles around the play set while they play. This way you get your excersise and they get to play! Or just do what I do get them into sports and then teach them how to play them.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009