Anyone else have this...?

I have had to pluck MANY MANY hairs from my neck and chin for years. I have been tested for hormone problems. I even had this problem well before my hysterectomy. My neck looks terrible from years of plucking. And they keep coming back. Any suggestions?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 10:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i have something called PCOD or polyscystic ovarian disease...because of this i have the same problem you do....instead go get it waxed....you might be embarrassed with that idea but you would be surprised on how many women do this! if your not comfortable with that just shave your chin every time you take a shower...that can help....but the best thing to do is electrolysis...usually this is something a dermatologist can do...hopefully this helps you!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had that for years before my hysterectomy. Even w/o ovaries, the hair is still there.
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 10:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• well unfortunately the hair will always be there...the options i listed are just the best ways to keep it under control...it plain ole sucks....but its something i have to live with...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Try waxing
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I pluck my chin hairs...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Electrolysis.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would try laser hair removal.
    floridamama-4-2

Answer by floridamama-4-2 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I get black hairs on my chin, the underside of my chin and neck all the time, drives me crazy. I also pluck them, the skin on the underside of my chin is gross, it looks like a bad breakout. I've started to use a men's aftershave gel that my beautician gave me, it prevents them from getting ingrown.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If you are kind of pale, and the hairs are pretty dark... LASER HAIR REMOVAL is the answer! it will take good 6 sessions but it is sooo well worth it!
    You will have to start shaving though, because if you pluck the laser won't "get" the dark pigment of the hair. So if you decide to do it, find a good dermatologist, find out the price (it is expensive but worth it), and then start shaving the area.
    Let us know if you decide to do it! and how do u like it!! GOOD LUCK!!
    VickyZ

Answer by VickyZ at 9:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009