Where do go to praise God if you do not believe in organized religion?

My husband and I just want to be with people that love God. We do not want to be with fake people who go to church just to appear godly. We do not want to subject our children to memorizing the Bible (we consider the bible to be written by men and therefore corrupt and questionable). We have noticed certain moral and ethical concepts that are the same for all religions and use those as our guidelines to living a life with God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know some people do a type of at home church deal. Or, you could start one of your own. I dont know how you would go about finding the at-home places.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't go to church. I praise God wherever - and whenever! - I chose! I read my bible daily, have prayer and meditation daily, sing ALL the time (LOL) . . . Church has its benifits for those that need it, but it's not for me.

I also like to go outside and admire God's handiwork frequently ;-)
    There are so many ways to worship without going to church. Just find what works for you and do it!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i actually go to my parents church twice a week on Sunday nights. they mostly sing on Sunday nights & thats how i praise God. the sermon is not for God, therefore its not praise to Him. so i go (alone) just to sing.

but you dont have to go to a church building to sing or even worship. sometimes (after my DDs bedtime) i go to my bedroom and do my own praise "service". sometimes i will just sit in my backyard & pray.

you could go to a Unitarian service. there are ppl of all faiths there. i dont know much about them, but if my super conservative Bible-belt area has one, i'd think everywhere has one haha. or a home service, maybe you could find ppl online in your area who believe like you.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• There is the UU church, they are pretty open to everyone and thing spiritually.

Personally, Id just sit out on my back porch at sunset and show my love and respect then(or whatever time of day you feel closest to God).

Or you could just talk to him all the time internally and stay close and show your love and respect that way too.

Dont need a building or others to do it with ya.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• First of all you have to understand what organized religion is. For me it is a church that is about legilism, tradition and me me me. I attend a church that is the opposite. Its all about Jesus and what we can do for others, how can we bless others. We operate from the platform of Grace.
    I used to attend a house church 2 times and both times they failed because the leadership chose not to be accountable to those over them or chose not to let something go. After experiencing house churches God told me to go to an already established church and thats where I am now and it is the MOST healthiest place I have ever been and I have been saved 25 yrs! It is not wise to remain alone in your walk unless God is bringing you into a season of it but not a lifetime. We need to be in fellowship with other believers. it is there we grow and mature as He so desires !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Just as you can pray to God anywhere, you can praise Him anywhere! Doesn't make any difference. God is always with you,always listening,and loves our praises. He is worthy of them, and I for one LOVE to give Him all the glory and praise!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2009