its time for my daughters 2 mth old shots and im terrified

I read that if your child has a sever allergic reaction after a dose of DTaP should not get another dose.

Any child who suffered from a brain or nervous system disease within 7 days should not get another dose.

I am extremely terrified to say the least!! The fact that I wont know if my child is allergic to these shots or may experince one of these horrible side effects scares the crap out of me.

Did your child get his/her shots? How did he/she do? (and I know that every child is different and my experience may be different.)

thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• Look, nobody can tell you what to do for your child. As you will learn motherhood will challenge you in many ways and to vaccinate or not to is another decision you will have to make by yourself. Make sure you make an informed decision, that's all.

If I had to do it all over again, I am not so sure that I will vaccinate again. My son has all his shoots. My son also has speech delays and autistic like traits. I can't blame the shoots, I can only help him improve but have I spent countless hours in the middle of the night questioning my choice of vaccinate, you bet. All I can say is it is normal to be terrified, it is normal to have questions and concerns, but it is necessary to make some choices, so now it is your turn to make those and I hope regardless of what you decide that it is the right thing by your child and one you can live with. Remember that this is your child and nobody can tell you what is best for her.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Weigh the outcomes. Having a reaction to the shots or dying from a preventable disease. Make the choice that is best for you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son is 11 months now and has had all his shots thus far with no reactions. Yes, the possible side effects are scary, but the thought of your child dying form a preventable disease is too. The choice is yours. Talk with your doctor about your concerns. The reactions are very rare. Good luck. BTW....the shots are over quickly and Tylonal is a lifesaver. A little before and after for 24 hrs.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Do your own research and make your own decisions. It is not black and white, or vax or don't vax.
    We choose to selectively vax on a delayed schedule. First vax after first birthday, one vax per office visit, single dose preservative free vaccines, read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009