Did your tween still allow (I'm just being funny by using the word allow) you to take a pic of them on the first day of school?

Today was my oldest daughter's first day of middle school and she goes to a uniformed school but because the first few days are what the school calls "bridge days" (where upper classmen show them around, fill them in with what to expect and they meet all their teachers) she didn't have to wear her uniform. She actually picked out a cute outfit; her navy pin dot bermudas, and white dotted top and her a pair of cute white flip flop sandals, we even did her hair in a twist. She looked so cute that I told my husband to take a picture. She rolled her eyes but that's nothing she rolls her eyes everytime we pull the camera out. She did pose a little and did let us take the picture but I can tell that our first day of school picture days are drawing to an end and I'll be a little sad.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter has gotten so used to me having the camera on the first day that she knows not to complain! We actually got a cute picture of her and the little girl next door who was starting first grade, and of all the kids from our street that were walking with us. She does somethimes though try to do a goofy pose and smile real big, but I nip that in the bud right away! :)
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My 9yo started whining on Monday as soon as I told her to hurry and get dressed so we could have time for pictures before school. "But, Mom, I bet none of the other kids have to take pictures." Please. But she came out and even smiled for the camera without complaint. And there were a bunch of parents with cameras at the school (I always leave mine at home). Even kids in her class, lol. She rarely lets me take pictures of her any more.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son knows better, I always have my camera out and will probably take first day pictures till he's in High School. LOL
    sassycat000

Answer by sassycat000 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2009