Are there any nice family resorts in Texas?

We want something we can enjoy with our 16 month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Travel

• There are tons of places in and around San Antonio. If you look on the internet for places to stay in San Antonio you are bound to find something that will work for you. I'm sure there are places around the other major cities in Texas, but San Antonio is my family's favorite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I live in San Antonio and I can't not wait to leave this town. The heat is awful. If you are looking for a nice place to go on vacation, go to San Diego, Ca and you can't go wrong with it. It is pricier than San Antonio but so worth every single dime.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• lol Bebita! Yes, the heat's been HORRIBLE this summer in Central Texas, but we're actually supposed to stay under 100 the rest of the week! YAY!

Lost Pines, which is a Hyatt Regency Resort in Bastrop (Outside of Austin) is supposed to be fabulous. I just had two friends from the Houston area go there this summer and both came back RAVING about it.

Up in Grapevine (near Dallas) is a Great Wolf Lodge which is an indoor water park. It's much better for kids who're over 5 years old, though. I don't know that I'd bring my 17 month old there, but it's a neat place to check out.

If you may also want to look at some of the hotels on South Padre Island, but be aware that we're entering hurricane season and buy cancellation insurance.

Don't fear the heat. We have A/C here. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Ditto Avarah's Los Pines suggestion. My husband and I went there this summer with my skids and we all had a blast. Only drawback is that it is very secluded and NOTHING to do in bastrup. You have to eat at one of the resort restaurants or bring your own food.
    Micksbabe

Answer by Micksbabe at 7:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009