I think I am just freaking myself out..

How long did it take for you other moms to feel "back to normal" after having your baby? I'm 5 1/2 months post partum and I still feel a bit sore "down there" most days, I did have to have a lot of stitching, my baby had quite a big head :) At my 6 wk check up my Dr. said everything looked fine, was healing fine, she checked everything out internally as well, and I am very squeamish so I haven't looked "down there" to see how things look, well I looked this morning, I know all the stitches are healed, but where my vaginal opening is there seems to be like, a buldge of skin? and I can't clearly see the opening as I could before having my baby? I mean I know it's there but this is my first baby so I don't know if that is normal? My mother says it takes quite a while for everything to go back to "normal" and even then it will not ever look the "same" I was wondering how long it took other moms "down theres" to look normal again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• Did you have a weird tear? Sometimes things take a little longer to heal up if they had to be stitched up funny! I had a c-sec so I am not sure about that, but I know I am 10 mo. postpartum and my lower stomach is still sore but the incision healed up great!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had an episiotomy and got stitched w/out pain relief after(too much bruising and bleeding); it took me a really long time to start feeling normal "down there", about 6 months I'd say. I sat on ice packs for almost two months, and used witch hazel past that, I was so sore. As long as the doctor is cool with it, I wouldn't worry about how it looks on the outside. It may look different to you b/c it was used and abused pretty roughly, and things were used in ways that they never have been before. Give it some time, and you really are okay!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009