Did you notice when your baby "dropped"?

This is my 4th pregnancy and I've never noticed when my baby "dropped". Honestly, I can't even tell after the fact, even when people say "Oh, you look like you've dropped!"

I don't get it. Am I the only one who never notices? Lol.

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• None of my 3 did. Up to the last days my doctor would comment that they were still really high up. I had people comment that they thought I had but I think what they were really saying was, "You must have dropped, you couldn't possibly have gotten even BIGGER!" LOL
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• whittear:

Lol. No kidding! Man, I feel that way this time around! I was commenting to my hubby last week that I feel like I must be bigger than w/ previous pregnancies. (At least, that what the sudden new stretch marks say!!) When I was in last Friday, my midwife said, "You're measuring a little big." which was nice to hear since at least it validated my feelings of being "extra large". Haha.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yes because my pants got really tight around the bottom. it was a visible drop. he was sitting right on my pubic bone and bladder it was painful
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• WIth my 1st and this one people have told me that I look like the baby dropped. They say its not a huge difference though. People who don't know me say that the baby still looks really high. I am short though and both my babies were really low but really high at the same time. lol They have no where to drop!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Nope didnt really notice! You are not alone!!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I noticed with my first; I was looking in the mirror one morning and noticed that my boobs weren't resting right on top of my stomach. But my second never did until labor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No, you are not alone! I never noticed when I dropped. People told me lol....I was huge anyway, so it was really hard for me to tell when.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 1:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i never noticed my son drop. hell i dont even think he dropped. but with my daughter(curent) i felt her drop last week.. and how i new was i felt a sudden relief in my lungs, i could breathe and my stomach was shapped differently than before. but she also went back up into my ribs the next day.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• None of my babies dropped. My first did when I was in the delivery room, my 2nd and 3rd were c-sections and never did.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You know what's really funny? The DAY after I posted this question, my baby dropped. And it was obvious. LOL.

I wonder if I post a question asking if I'm ever going to have this baby....if my baby will come tomorrow. Hmm.....

:)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009