What kind of cake did you have or make for your childs 1st Birthday?

I though about make my daughter carrot cake cupcakes and then making the adults a chocolate cake with white icing that says kelly is 1 on it. I have try to give her chocolate but it gives her the poops most of the day on the day that she has eaten it. I dont want her pooping the whole day of her birthday. Has anyone else made a carrot cake for their kids 1st birthday?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Carrott cake sounds like a fine idea, but you can always do a yellow cake with buttercream frosting.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No carrot cake here. I had cakes made. He had a tiny little cake all to himself and I got a huge sheet cake with his birth picture on it for our party guests.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I did malted milk cupcakes with buttercream icing for everyone. I waited until after the dinner hour to serve the cupcakes...my daughter had the poops the next day rather than on her birthday. Carrot cake is probably a better idea. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• we had chocolate cupcakes w/ buttercream frosting. It didn't cause any digestive issues. Carrot cake w/o nuts is a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter is obsessed with Elmo. She had an elmo cake and a tiny elmo cake for herself.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Like as not, your daughter won't eat much of the cake. She'll end up with more of it up her nose . . . pick something that you think the rest of the guests will enjoy.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I know that they don't know or remember but i threw a scooby doo bday party and had a marble scooby doo cake, I think it was more for me than him, but it was so fun.
    Torintheboys

Answer by Torintheboys at 12:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have twins. They had small fresh banana cakes for themselves, and the guests had a separate chocolate cake.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 12:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009