Why are they so insistant?

A public option? As for the Dems, it's obviously a power grab but what about the Americans who cheer for it in town halls?
I think most of them don't even know what it is or what it would mean. I don't think they know that they could get insurance without a public option. I think many are just Obamabots cheering anything he is for. I guess it is one of those common sense things and a lot of people don't get it.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We want it because every American deserves affordable health care (at least as good as our congress gets)

We want it because the health care industry is bankrupting MILLIONS of Americans every year destroying communities and families

We want it because its the right thing to do , make sure we are ALL have access to adequate health care, not justthe rich people
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• sweet-a-kins You have access to good health care now!! When the government takes over you will NOT !! that is something you do not get?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We are laid off and cannot afford to go to the doctor or even set up a payment plan to repay the hospital for emergency care. So what do we do if a kid breaks an arm, not go to the emergency room?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Maybe they DO know, but they actually think it's a good idea. You can't assume that everyone who thinks differently from you must be some kind of obamabot, or however you put it. It's ignorant to think others are ignorant just because they approve of someone you dont.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• gammie;

That is your assumption. I highly doubt you can see in the future.
    samurai_chica

• I think we need to re-look at the health-care system....but NOT this one.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• anon :33, that's not true. The hospitals can't turn you away for emergency care and you can make payment plans according to what you make. I believe they would be even willing to take $1 a month until you could afford more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Poeple are cheering for something they think they can finally afford. The cost to see a doctor, and in some cases insurance offered by employers, is so out of proportion it's impossible to afford. Doctors think it's alright to charge $200 and up to spend 10 minutes with a patient. They overbook, overcharge and don't spend enough time with patient. I saw it every day at the office I worked in. Too many employers think they don't have to look around for or offer decent insurance, and I'm not talking about them paying 100%, but decent insurance for employees. I'm not at all for the bill but this is why so many people are for it. Personally I think the governement needs to take a look at the high prices at doctor's offices, pharmacies, and insurance. Those are three places where people think they need to make a killing to make a living.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't agree that it is obviously a power grab, I believe that is what some hard line republicans want us to think. I believe that it comes from a true desire to fix a very broken system that leaves out millions of people, especially children, from good health care in one of the richest nations.

That being said, I don't necessarily agree with the bill or how it is happening, but I don't believe it to have started to "grab power".
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Too many employers think they don't have to look around for or offer decent insurance, and I'm not talking about them paying 100%, but decent insurance for employees.

With this plan they can pay a very small fine that is way less than the costs of insuring employees and dump their healthcare plans all the way. My husbands company is going to drop all health coverage if this passes. It will save them millions each year. It will hurt the employees since the company has an excellent health plan. We will be fine since all executives will keep their benefits. This will happen at companies all over the country. Obama will spin it as the companies being horrible. If Obama wants to insure companies provide good coverage fine them for dropping health plans and for plans that don't provide good coverage. This bill makes it easier for them to drop people than ever before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009