Who exactly WANTS this info released?

So I know Foxnews sends some of you into hysterics but this is pretty crazy. They have a poll you can vote on ( I know, conservative bastion and you believe NOTHINg from ther :yawn: but with the viewers Fox has I am going to say this is more than conservatives alone) about whether the CIA info should be released.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/08/24/justice-department-pursue-cia-abuse-cases/

95% DON'T want this info released. Who DOES? Is it just the EXTREME left?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People who want our government to account for their actions and their abuses want it released. People who don't, do no understand checks and balances, or the fact that the government works for US and the CIA works for US as well. and they are NOT perfect and have done many unnecessary and unlawful things
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am one who does not want it released I do not see how it would serve any good for us.I am a realistic person who loves this country with all of my heart.I think it would weaken us further then we are already are at this time.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would consider myself on the extreme left side & I certainly think that some things are better left unheard by the public.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sweet...there are ways to handle this WITHOUT releasing all this info to the public! We are severely undermining our ability to collect vital information to prevent attacks! This is a HUGE win for the terrorists! And MOST people (see poll, LOL) agree with this. With numbers like THAT I would think Obama could have done more to keep this out of the public domain!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• They can finish c.a.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g the CIA at the same time they reopen the New Black Panthers case, open a criminal investigation into the firing of Walpen, open the quo warranto case in DC that has been filed, open hearings to investigate the shadow government that Obama and his czars are running, examine some of the "deals" that Obama is cutting with industry and the extortion that he and Treasury practiced with the CEOs who didn't want TARP funds - shall I go on? He really doesn't want to open this can of worms, because one of those worms is going to be a snake that leads right back to him.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am with Cheney. If they are going to release , release it all. And while they are at it, go all the way back to the Clinton Admin and let's analyze Rendition, to while we are at it. True Transparency, right? Ohh wait, he's a democrat. Checks and balances don't count... Forget if all this squabbling may impacts future intel. THe Progressives want it ALL out (well ALL meaning from the BUSH administratin)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Who DOES?

People who don't understand what it really means and thinks there will just be a pretty paper on top saying Bush and Cheney are guilty. They don't care about the collateral damage - it's probably never even occurred to them what it might be.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I see both sides of the coin. Releasing it holds the government up to accountability, but also could put soldiers in harms way from retaliation.

I do know that what our government did was wrong. How we change, fix, or learn from it is something that I have no idea how to put in motion.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• People seem to forget that when the US breaks international laws and violates human rights it's not the same thing as when another country does it. We have a right to do whatever we want because we are better than the low lifes from other places. They deserve torture. Other countries need to just accept that and move on. It doesn't need to be mainsteam news because we have to keep up the illusion of superiority. We can't have people realizing that we do exactly the sames things that we bomb other countries for doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Not I. I think the release of that information would put our men and women overseas in grave danger, even more than they already are.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009