Will my sons teeth need to be pulled

My oldest is 6yrs and has not lost any teeth or have any loose but his bottom front adult teeth have broken through and the skin will the baby teeth come loose ?I don't want him to have to have them pulled.

sunflowermom02

Asked by sunflowermom02 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest son had this happen and now my daughter has the same thing.

My oldest's teeth got loose not long after the permanent teeth came in and he didn't need to have any pulled- at least not before they were hanging on by a thread :-D

ONE of my daughter's baby teeth is loose, the other isn't budging so far, but I'm waiting it out. And I'm doing that on good advice- my dad's. He is our dentist :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• He might have to. If you don't get those baby teeth out the adult teeth will come in really messed up to the point that it might be painful for him to chew. My baby teeth didn't fall out either. I had to have all of them but one pulled. I would say wait a while but since his big teeth are coming in, he needs to have his baby teeth pulled.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• When I was younger (in elementary school still), I had an adult tooth coming in from behind the baby tooth that just wouldn't come out. I didn't want to have braces or have it yanked out by the dentist, so everyday I would wiggle the baby tooth and push the adult one up (towards where it needed to be) with my tongue. I did this for about a month until the baby tooth was loose enough for it to fall out on its own. I continued pushing the adult tooth up until it was in somewhat aligned with the others. (Its turned a little crooked, but not too noticeable enough to get braces.)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 11:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If his adult teeth are developing normally they will begin to push out the baby teeth loose. Sometimes they have to be pulled to prevent cavities due to overcrowding or infection. Only your dentist can tell if that is a problem. My son's 12 yr molar came in and pushed the 6 yr molar over not out. Our dentist left it for a while to see if nature would take it's course. He just had it pulled last month and only because the dentist felt it was going to start causing him some problems.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• um take him to his dentist and ask him what he thinks....kinda hard to figure out what the problem is with out pics.....call the dentist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• we experience something simular and it was suggested by my daughter's dentist that she keep wiggling the tooth, to make it loose to come out. Surprisingly for us the tooth was loose and she had to continue to play with it until it finally was able to be pulled by her. Have your child make the tooth become loose.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you taken him to a dentist yet? He should have had his first appointment before he started Kindergarten. Make an appointment and tell the dentist your concerns, they will be able to answer your questions better than anyone else. Every child is different. My son has had 8 teeth pulled because he has a small jaw and not enough room for all his adult teeth.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009