what ever happend to...pick your own??? ):

ok when i was a kid/teen i would go with my parents to a farm and pick blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, apples. we would go pick apples and then peaches then plums all in one day. now that i have kids all the farms are just pick blueberrys and apples..i would love to take them to pick peaches and plums ( all our favs ) we have picked blueberrys but miss picking other fruits. what ever happen to picking all your own? now its if u want peaches come to our market..thats fine but would love to pick your own.. its really sad. would love to take the kids this weekend

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• www.pickyourown.org you can find what is available in your area. Good luck, sounds like a blast!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Guess it depends on where you live. I'm in Oregon and there are pick your own farms all over the place! It is so fun to take the kids.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I live in Ohio and there are plenty of "pick your own" locations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm in PA and we have several farms that do it. We have a tradition of apple picking every fall.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• hm that does seem odd, Im in Oregon and I know of a farm that is only strawberries. Now that I think of it I have not yet been to one offering more than one item... its a blast to pick em yourself they should do that maybe look for an orchard... you might be able to search online if any of the farms have websites/ads. Maybe try craigslist?
    BigMaemaJama

Answer by BigMaemaJama at 1:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We live in PA & travel to OH , VA, Wv and other places frequently and i always see pick your own farms
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It just depends on where you live... There are a few places like that around here.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009