Soldiers?

With the country so busy mourning Michael Jackson and Ted Kennedy, I don’t want to forget those that have died so bravely. Let’s remember them too.

Four U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan on Tuesday, making 2009 the deadliest year for U.S. and NATO forces since the war began eight years ago.

The soldiers died in southern Afghanistan when they were struck by an improvised explosive device, the insurgent's weapon of choice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/25/2009-08-25_afghan_election_r...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you. God Bless their families.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• God Bless Our fallen and their families and I'm sorry for the loss of your loved ones.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• So sad.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Thoughts and prayers to their loved ones.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• While I tend not to truly give a flying bahookie about MJ, and everyday I do support the soldiers and their families, I am spending today being sad over Ted Kennedy because of his devotion and his commitment to the country. And trying to minimize that by saying it isn't important, as you did when you compared him to MJ, is sort of sad and cheap and a sign that people cannot look past differences to mourn someone of his stature.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• But, I would add that I am heartbroken that soldiers have been dying there and in Iraq for 6 years now.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• To be honest, I try very hard to not listen to stuff like that. I KNOW it is real and that it happens nearly every day, but it is very hard for me because I know that one day that could be my husband.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• urkidding sorry you took it that way..but I wont turn this post into a childish drama fest.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009