When do i start feeding the baby meat?

I have started feeding my son solid foods and i started with cereal and moved on to the veggies, well were all done with the veggies and i was going to start the meat before the fruits. I'm not sure if 4 1/2 months is old enough to give him meat?

Torintheboys

Asked by Torintheboys at 11:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started my son on cereal at 4 months then at 5 months veggies and frutis at 6 months meats hes eating them all.....i didnt wait for my doc to tell me i could tell he needed more i have a older son and he didnt eat like this one does at my sons at 6months my oldest just started on cereal so every kid is different
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i dont think 4 1/2 months is old enough for solid foods ( formula only ) even the greber stuff i think should wait till his doc gives u the ok to go and buy some. i got the ok from my sons doc when my son was 8 months old. and she said to start out with the veggies then meat fruit last due to they like the sweet tast so much the can become fussy when u give other foods ( veggies, meat ) so i only gave fruit when he ate his meat kinda like a after dinner treat.. but idk...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• we started veggies at between 4-5 months, then fruit.. around 6 i never offered the baby food meats... i waited until they were around 11 months to start meat... then it was table food meat...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009