has any mom up here have a child with hip displasia?and have to be in a body cast

jjbitt2003

Asked by jjbitt2003 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• not personally, but my co-worker had that as an infant. Her two kids have been fine, but she was in a cast after she was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My best friend had that as a child. She wasn't in a full body casy, but had a cast from her butt to her feet with a bar between the legs for a LONG time... then braces built the same way for years. She was in about 1st grade when she was diagnosed.

The whole cast part wasn't fun... but once she got the braces & got comfortable with them... there was no stopping us! LOL We figured out ways to still ride my go-kart, ride our bikes, etc.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i was in traction for like a month when i was 2. Obviously I don't remember much about it, except playing with Colorforms (remember those?) and a pink elephant I got when I was there.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009