What are the effects of weight lose during the second trimester?

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant I went and signed up on WIC and when they weighed me I weighed 163....last week I went to the dr and weighed 158 and I was 15 weeks....this morning I went to a nutrition class for WIC and I weighed 156.
She said I should be concerned and try my best to gain weight. I stopped throwing up at 11 weeks but I still get nautious (sp) and feel like I have no desire to eat and when I do feel like eating I can only eat about half of it and then an hour later my stomach starts growling again. I know stress causes you to lose weight and Ive definitly been stressed over my stupid job that I want to quit every single day so that adds to my weight lose Im sure...what effects can weight lose during pregnancy cause??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you were carrying more fat on your body than you needed when you became pregnant, your weight loss is probably irrelevant. Even if you're losing as the baby is gaining, you may end up weighing less at the birth than you did to start, and perhaps you'll be healthier and have more energy, too.

If, on the other hand, you were a healthy weight (because you're 6'1") and you have genuinely lost weight, the research is interesting. Babies of anorexic moms (and mothers who survived the Dutch Starvation Winter, in World War 2) are generally born at normal weights --but THEIR children are born underweight, sometimes dramatically.

Eating more often than you used to is healthier for your blood sugar level and your baby's growth. Your stomach probably can't hold as much because of the other stuff 'in there' crowding it. Eat at least 2 different food groups every time and you'll be fine.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• its no big deal at all and I wouldnt worry about it one bit! I lost weight with all of my pregnancy's and never hit my pre-pregnancy weight by the time it was time to deliver. It really doesnt matter, as long as you are staying hydrated... your baby will be fine
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• it is no big deal, if you were a big girl before your pregnancy, you are most likely loosing fat not nutrition. and if your not throwing up just nauteous, i think it would be ok. i mean your baby is still getting nutrition. most pregnant women cant eat big or even medium meals. i would keep at your "little at a time" routine. hell i would even just do small snacks through out the day, even if it is just a few bites here and there.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Well the thing is, Im not a big and I wasnt fat at all before I got pregnant. I wore a size 7 so that's why Im a little worried about losing weight. This is my second pregnancy and with my daughter I weighed 127 before getting pregnant and gained 38 pnds throughout the 9 months....I eat every 2 hours bc if I dont my stomach starts growling so idk why Im losing weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009