Confession Time!!

Alright ladies, im bored! Spill some of your mommy-confessions!
I confess that sometimes in the middle of the night I dont change my sons diaper when he eats. He wakes him up & then its harder to get him back to sleep! So usually by the time we get up for good its leaked & we gotta change clothes & wash sheets =( I feel bad but i need sleep!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes, I let my daughter stand on the couch to look out the window. I know I shouldn't but I am always right there with her in case she falls. She really likes to look outside and in the fall/winter it is too cold to just take her outside.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I still let my 15 month old take a bottle to bed..
    It is only water, but still, I know it is horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I used to never watch TV or let my son watch TV...My tv was never even turned on for four months but one day a friend gave me The Wiggles DVD and now I let my son watch it all the time(oops)...he loves it it's like baby crack! So although I'd rather him be playing outside I can get so much done hehehehe
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I let my 17yo go to London and Glasgow on her own. Hmm... not much of a confession, there.

Of course, I intentionally didn't change my kids in the middle of the night --just wrapped them in another blanket to keep warm and let them sleep, figuring if it bugged them, they'd wake up and then I'd deal with it. A large change pad covered with a receiving blanket kept me from needing to wash sheets often.

Some day I'm going to get around to writing my book, Lazy Parenting.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Best book to read for this is Confessions of A Slacker Mom......hysterical!!! I was a stay at home mom for many years. If my kids wanted to be in their underwear and no one else was around, I let them! Truth be told I didn't change my babies at every feeding etc. either. If their not complaining why ruin a good nights sleep. I taught my youngest son how to get on and off the furniture before he could walk because I got tired of picking him up and getting him down, swear he was part cat!!!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son toke the bottle until the age of 3.
    My kids stay up late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I allow my daughters TV to go all night long...she falls asleep to it and I swear as soon as you go in and turn it off she wakes up..so I let it go...Bad, I know..
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't get home sometimes until 7:30 from work. I don't always give my kids a bath, and sometimes it's 8:30 when we're finally eating dinner. But I tell DD that bedtime is 8. (just in case anyone asks)
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• lol.... I don't change diapers at night. I also am not on a consistant schedule... my kids stay up late if they had a nap, if they don't they go to bed early.... sometime I discourage naps so that I can get to bed earlier (that is if my son hasn't had a nap but 3 or 4). I sometimes turn on cartoons so I can get things done with little interuption. My 3 year old goes naked around the house.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sometimes, when my kids get really mouthy and start talking back, I imagine just hauling off and SLAPPING them.

I don't actually *do* it, but the mental image of their expressions afterward (shock and disbelief) make me feel so much better when I send them to their room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009