To anyone who is not a Christian?

I am new to this section and was wondering, do any of you feel that there are some who give others a bad name. I am a Christian and am a little annoyed with all the "Christianese" posts. It would be nice to have a normal conversation without all the in your face "Christianese". I am not trying to slam my other brothers and sisters. Sometimes it is too much, it is overboard. I guess my question is, do you ladies who are NOT Christian, do you recognize those who give other Christians a bad name? Do you recognize that not all Christians are the same?, that not all of them are judgemental people? There are a lot, but there are also many who are not like that at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, yeah. We know who is here for real conversation, Questions and answers and who is here just to bash and preach. We know there is a huge difference between the nasty condenming Christians you see here and the Christian religion. I don't think there is really a question of that. There are a growing number of women on here that do go out of their way to in my opinion make Christian's look bad through the over posting of preachy posts... I have often wondered if they are really Christians at all. And I have let them know it too. They do not present a true picture of Christians, I know that. But that doesn't make me any less bothered by their posts... The hate, intolerance and ignorance they spew is sickening...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yes I do notice I know exactly who you are talking about on here. i wasn't raised with any religion whatsoever. As an outsider to religion i don't get it. It's ok to have your beliefs and what not but why must some of you try to shove it in my face ie: knocking on my door, talking to me in stores. I recognize that you are not the same but it seems that the ones who give you a bad name out number the ones who don't.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, I do think there are Christians who give others a bad name. And yes, I do realize that not all Christians are the same. I wouldn't judge everyone by the action of some. Unfortunately sometimes the ones who give Christians a bad name in general are the ones who shout the loudest- but I think that's true in many groups.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Unfortunately, I do not think it is limited to any one group.
    There are those in every walk I have seen on here, that make the rest of that group look bad.

Not just religions either, on issues like PA, breastfeeding, etc.

Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Do you ladies who are NOT Christian, do you recognize those who give other Christians a bad name? Yes, I do. I also recognize those who give my own belief (or rather lack there of) a bad name

Do you recognize that not all Christians are the same,that not all of them are judgemental people? Certainly, just as I hope that Christianstoo realize not all atheists are the same.I have a great many Christian friends on this site and in real life. If I thought all Christians were the same I certainly wouldn't have the wonderful Christian friends that I have.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Really it happens regardless of what beliefs you may hold or what religion you may align yourself with. People can be nasty on all sides. The important thing to remember is we are all indiciduals and act as individuals. I cannot blame one person for the bad actions of another who happens to share the beliefs of the first. I cannot blame a religion for the bad actions of some of it's followers, etc. It is the INDIVIDUAL who is responsible for their own bad actions, not the religion or belief they hold
    KristiS11384

• I hope I do recognize the good ones...but I won't say I never have judged someone wrongly. Still, I'm not afraid to change my opinion about someone or allow myself to be convinced.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sounds like you are pretty judgmental.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Anon 09, I will take that into consideration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yeah --- no worries. It's pretty easy to weed out the real Christians from the psychos w/ warped interpretations. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009