Have you seen the movie 'Knowing'?

Oh, geez! There are spoilers here:

It started off great. I was riveted to the screen, and was very impressed with the visuals. I thought the men following the kids was strange, but was willing to go with it. Then it took a turn for the worst (for me, this happened with the alien-angel opening his mouth to let out a blinding ray of light.) From there it went quickly downhill. I couldn't figure out what I was watching. It was a very odd combination of science, religion, and sci-fi. There were numerous references to the end-times of the Bible (picture of Ezekial, the wheel-in-a-wheel, "they went to prepare a place...") I was even willing to get on board with that for the sake of the movie. But the last twenty minutes were beyond my understanding. Aliens? Where in the heck did that come from? And someone PLEASE tell me, what was up with them running through the field at the end, towards what one can only assume is

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• (cont) the tree of life. I mean, really! I feel like the writer kinda-sorta wanted to end it in a pseudo-biblical fashion, but then wimped out at the last minute and went with aliens instead. Seriously, he should have just killed everyone off at the end. It would have made more sense.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I saw from like the middle to end. It was a weird movie.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree with you OP. The beginning of the movie, it was even a bit scary! But then it's like how did the little girl in the beginning know all that was going to happen if it was going to be aliens responsible for it? It would have made more sense if it had something having to do with religion. It did seem like a mish mash of religion and science which as we all know, doesn't go well together. As for the ending, I took it as the kids being back on Earth after everyone else was killed off and the earth was whole again, but being that they were the same age as when they went up in the spaceship, that probably wasn't the case. Oh well can't win them all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i didnt like the alien stuff.
    inluvwithDEPP

Answer by inluvwithDEPP at 5:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I already answered your question that you posted over in the Religion area of the Answers section. I hope I was able to clarify everything for you.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I absolutely agree with you. It's like the writers had a vision of Jesus and Elvis riding together on a Unicorn riding a UFO up to Heaven.

It reminded me of Highlander 2 where the writers suddenly decide that all the immortals came from the Planet Zost. Which they then pretend never happened in Highlander 3, 4, etc...
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009