What should I expect being on Procardia for preterm labor?

I am 30 weeks along and baby girl is trying to come out. I have been up to L&D several times now. They gave me a shot to stop contractions and betamethasone for baby girls lungs. The doc put me on Procardia. How long does procardia tend to stop labor? I am really worried she is going to come any day now. She is already head down and not moving a lot.

ilovemymookey

Asked by ilovemymookey at 1:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went in to pre-term labor at 31 weeks (was 2cm dilated at that point, she was fully engaged at 0 station and I was 50% effaced) and I still made it to my induction! Dont stress too much, there is nothing you can do to prevent labor from coming:( And her being head down is not an indicator of readiness for birth.

As for anti-contraction meds... I was on a different on but I had to take it every 6 hours from 31 to 36 weeks and then they let me off of it and I still didnt go into labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009