Can anyone tell me how much my first doctor visit will cost without insurance?

I have a full time job as a Nursing Assistant but Im not able to sign up for my insurance until October. I missed my first period at the end of July. I have yet to go see a doctor because I tried to apply for emergency medical insurance but I didnt qualify because they said that I make too much money. (more than 15,000 a year pshhh.) I dont know what to do, or even what to expect. This is my first pregnancy. I'm not even sure how far along I am, but I know I have to get my prenatal work started ASAP. Could there be something wrong with my baby if I havent went yet?

amandapanda4201

Asked by amandapanda4201 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i live in florida and my first visit without any insurence was i think 200-250... that was over a year ago so im not poistive on that but im like 85% sure lol i wish you luck!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I didn't go to the doctor until I was 4months and I didn't have insurance either until I was 5 1/2 months. the app cost $50 and I paid for my first ultrasound which was $120.
    The only thing I regret is that I was RH neg and I didnt find out until 34wks. but everything else is GREAT!
    Good LUCK!!!!
    and
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• oh and I live in texas
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I didn't see a dr with my first until 20 weeks because we didn't have insurance. Going to the doctor has nothing to do with the condition of your baby. They don't do anything to do/with it. Personally, I'd just wait til my insurance kicked in.

As far as cost goes, nobody can tell you that expect the office you'll be going to. Every office, doctor, etc. is different.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• and go and get some prenatals. u can get some at walmart for cheap. this is my first pregnancy too
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• *do anything to it/with it.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Our doctors office doesnt even see you til 7 weeks, which is right around where you are now, so I totally wouldnt worry about no pre-natal care at this point. But I would start looking in to a doctors office. You will need to be seen in Sept and then you should have your insurance by the next appt. Do you know when your LMP was? If you do, then you shouldnt need to have an u/s but you will most likely need blood work which can be pricey. The doctors office visits here are about $125-$150
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Hmm If I remember right with this pregnancy it was between 150 and 200 for the first apt. You should really look into prenatal medicaid and WIC. you can get signed up for WIC with your local health dept. They will help with the cost of formula and such like that.. Good luck with your pregnancy and Congrats =)
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 1:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• can you check and see the cost if you were to go to the health dept? or even planned parenthood? maybe these option would be less expensive?
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 1:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Call the doctor's office. They will tell you.

For us, an out of pocket office visit is about $100.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009