nuby sippy cup

hi everyone! my dd only likes the nuby sippy cup and the harder she sucks the more the top caves in, so every time she take it out of her mouth i have to unscrew the to to relieve the pressure so it pops out again. any way i was wondering if there is any way to solve this problem or am i just going to have to deal with it and maybe try to find a different one for her.

thanks!!

s_toman7

Asked by s_toman7 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hated the Nuby for just that reason. I used the Munchkin sippies instead...they have a very similar sip spout and they never cave in.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Make the vent hole a little bigger with a straight pin or small knife..DD loved those too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• What Jademom07 said. I used a straight razor blade (for paint scraping) or an exact-O knife if I had one handy to make the vent hole bigger.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Try not to screw it on so tight. That works for my niece, same thing happens to her, but then my sister untwist the cap just a little and problem solved.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my daughter started with a nuby sippy cup that she loooooves but i had the same problem. you could cut the vent a bit bigger.. but all i did was just not screw the lid on so tight. worked wonders!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter uses those sippy cups too. she does the same thing sometimes. If you dont have the lid on really tight you can push the top and it will pop back out. at least for me it does. My daughter is 11 months old.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009