Trufit or Britax

I am looking for a convertible carseat for my daughter. I am torn between a Britax and Trufit, girls any ideas?

manda13

Asked by manda13 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Either would be great! I would see which one fits her and your car the best. I'd probably go with the true fit though
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have the Britax Marathon and love it. It is worth every penny.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The best one is the one which can be installed in your vehicle correctly AND in which the child fits properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My DD has a Britax. My DS has the True Fit.

The Britax is way better for smaller children. It has additional padding that can be used while forward facing. The True Fit has additional padding, but it must be removed to forward face (according to directions). The True Fit has an amazing feature where you can adjust the straps height and take off the cover to wash it without having to take the seat out of your car. This is a huge plus.

The big difference is the Britax allows you to forward face sooner than the True Fit. If you go with the True Fit, your child will most likely be rear facing until around 2 years old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I prefer anything made by Britax. However, these are both great seats and you cant go wrong either way. Britax seats rear face to 35lbs same as the True Fit. I would go with a Britax Advocate CS if I were you, thats what Im getting my son. Also, what kind of car do you drive? A True fit may install better than a Britax. Go up to Babies R Us and try them out.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I <3 my TrueFit. The best seat is the one that fits your child best, and installs best in your vehicle.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I drive a Tahoe, what do you think will best fit?
    manda13

Answer by manda13 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• In a Tahoe either will fit fine. With SUVs its pretty easy to get a carseat to install well. The problems come with trying to rear face three big bulky britax seats in a honda civic. But the bigger the better. I have an explorer and had no problem getting a britax, Graco Nautilus, and an Evenflo Triumph advance in there.If you got the money, go for a Britax.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2009