kidney infection @ 35 wks??

I have been getting these sharp pains in my lower back off an on. At first I thought it was just the baby hitting me but since I saw my at home nurse yesturday and she found traces of a kidney infection starting in my pee test.. Does that mean I am getting one?? It doesnt hurt for me to pee or anything but the pain hurts.. its not constant or anything... any advice??

Cameolynn

Asked by Cameolynn at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I jsut had one almost 3 weeks ago, I had really bad pains that went off and on in my lower back to the point I couldn't move. It was really bad, sounds like that is what you got, mine didn't hurt when I peed either just felt kind of weird
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had one with my 2nd child when i was pregnant. i had the back pain and i had traces of blood in my urine. Are they going to re-test you?
    team21

Answer by team21 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Well, I am going to be calling in a lil while to set up an apt with my OB.. but I didnt want to sound retarted asking about it.. when the home nurse asked me yesturday she only asked if it hurt or burned to pee but it doesnt.. and so i was thinking about the sharp pains in my lower back i have been experiencing.. I know that kidney infections if not taken care of can cause preterm labor and I REALLY dont want that to happen.. So when the doc office opens back up I will see about getting in to see him.
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 1:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my mom had one and she gave birth and didn't know s he had one.. and her pain continued and continued for like 2 weeks after giving birth and she finally went back to the doctor and they sent her straight the hospital.. they had to put ice on her because of her fever and her body was almost shutting down it was sooo severe. she thought she was dying. get it checked out asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Cranberry juice is very helpful! Are you sure it's not labor pains? At 35 wks , it's possible!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009