At what age do you feel it's appropriate stop being naked in front of your child (male) ?

changeisgreat

Asked by changeisgreat at 1:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I realized this when my son was about 4 and he stared at me one time as I was getting dressed! LOL! I say 3 or 4.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't know. I have two boys (5 & 6months) and they have never seen me naked. I'm big on privacy.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I say when they stare and start to ask questions. For us our boys were around 3 or 4.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I stopped taking showers with my ds when he was 3 and started to question my "parts". He's 7 now and it's not a big deal to me if he walks in while I'm changing and in my bra....but he never ever sees me naked!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• When my oldest child was 18 months old he reached up and tried to grab my pubic hair -- that was the day I stopped being naked in front of him!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Don't know..haven't gotten to that point yet, but I do feel it is important that they be aware of the differences between boys and girls. Nudity should not be shameful, but they should be taught that is is not ok in most situations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• today... lol. i had a button up shirt on that i slept in and i rolled over and my boob was hanging out and i saw him staring at my nipple and so i covered it and hes like me see boob boob. that was it. lol. hes 2.
    sharisse

Answer by sharisse at 2:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I stopped when my son(s) were around 2. They're now 9 and 11 and I do breastfeed in front of them, but I am discreet.

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I've never been naked in front of my boys. They know boys have penises and girls don't. They know mommy is a girl and they are boys. The youngest is 2 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would have to say age 3 and up thats when they start talking more and asking more questions about what is what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009