any tips?

I just saw the doctor, I'm 40 weeks fully thinned and barely dilated. any tips to help dilate? I know sex helps but my hubby works out of town so that isn't an option.

madelines_mom

Asked by madelines_mom at 1:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lots and lots of walking darlin.. I would say try having an orgasm by yourself to see if that would help being orgasms help contractions start.. Other than that all I can say is good luck hun!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• sex wont help dilation... it works for effacement so if you are fully thinned then its not gonna do you any good.

My advice? Sorry if TMI but play with yourself and have an orgasm. Orgasm's cause your uterus to contract so hopefully that will start of the labor process. Its an easy (and fun!!) way to try!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Walk it out! :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This is my 4th pregnancy. We've tried every trick in the book with our last three. Babies come when they are ready.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009