How old was your child when they started "needing" deodorant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oldest DD was about 8 or 9, SS was 9. It seems that it is needed right before puberty, not sure why that is. But starting at that age has gotten them into good habits. My DD is 15 now & carries deodorant in her purse, lol.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I bought it for my daughter when she was about 10, but she didn't really need it until she was 12. If your kid is starting puberty earlier they might need it at a younger age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son is 7 and needs it from time to time. It's actually concerning me that he's so young and has B.O. like he does!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son doesn't have BO but gets real bad rashes under his pits on hot humid days....he's 9 ... I was told deodorant/antiperspirant could help ...I'm afraid it'll hurt.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 2:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• OP here: My son is too young for it right now, he's 5, but I want to get it for him before he actually needs it so it's never an issue and it's something that he gets used to using as part of his morning routine. I just remember my mom having trouble getting my brothers to use it, and they REALLY needed it, lol. We do use all natural products so I'm not worried about it hurting him at all, just looking for a general idea of when I should get it for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my oldest was around 12-13 my ss 9-10 y.o.
    you will have time to purchase it. in an emergency situation he could always use your or dads
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My brothers NEEDED it around 11 or 12. Sad part was, they thought it was funny to smell bad and never put it on. lol Around 12 or 13 tho, they'll get interested in girls and want to smell good. lol
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009