Baby not moving like he normaly does!

Im 35wks 4days an normally my baby is moving like non stop well yesterday an today ive notice less movement! Is this normal? An im also having alot of diarrea (dont know if that has anything to do with it) an im also 2cm dialated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call your doc could be any thing try drinking some thing and eating an then laydown if he still doesn't move then i def would call the doc good luck
    lemay25

Answer by lemay25 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Call your doctor if you are concerned. I had that problem with my son. I had to drink really cold water and that woke him up a little. Good luck
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 2:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you tried a little caffiene. It doesn't have to be coffee but maybe like a coke and lay down real still. But I will say the runs could be a sign that your body is getting ready for labor. Sometime depending on there postion you feel them more.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am about in the same boat as you are. i am 35 weeks and my son hasnt been moving as much as normal.. but the home nurse gave me some good advice on this.. If the baby is moving less than 10 times in a four hour period then you should call the doc.. But if you are really worried then maybe you should call and talk with him and see what he says. Def drink something cold and eat something to see if it wakes the baby up.. Congrats on your pregnancy and soon to be baby!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Call your doctor. This happened to me and our baby had passed, so I tell anyone who experiences a change in movement, GO TO THE DOC IMMEDiATELY. Don't wait.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my daugher did this all the time, she would move a lot on one day then not much at all the next, I think she wore herself out, lol. But call your Dr if you are really concerned, it's probably nothing, but at least you will know for sure.
    reava

Answer by reava at 2:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Eat something and drink something sweet (juice, soda, etc.), then lie down on your left side w/ your hand on your abdomen and count kicks. The number required to be "normal" varies from dr to dr, but in general 10 kicks within 2 hours is safe.

Sometimes as babies settle in for delivery (head down, etc.) they move a bit less, but they should never STOP moving entirely.

If you do the kick count and don't feel an adequate number of kicks, call your doctor/midwife. They can check the heartbeat for you and do an u/s if necessary.

Good luck, momma! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This has nothing to do w/ your Q, but I'm surprised you know how dilated you are already. Does your doc really check you that early??
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes my doc checked me this past monday because she did my group b strep test an also ive been having contractions they plan on checkin me til baby decides to make his apearance!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009