I think DD is ready, but not sure how to go about doing this????

Ok, my DD is 22 months old. She knows when she has to go potty, but she just wont go poop on the toilet. She will pee IF we are in public (grocery stores, walmart ect) You can tell when she is pooping because she will walk away and squat and then run to me and say change my diaper mommy. It is so frusterating, I know that she knows when she has to go...in stores she will hold it and scream "I have to go potty really bad" and cry til we get in there and she can go. So I know she is ready, but I just dont know how to get her to go. How can I do this????

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go with her to the store and make buying big girl panities a big deal. What helped the most with my dd is buying her panites with whatever character she picked out and then she would make more of an effort to not poop/pee in them because she didn't want the character to get dirty.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009