Do you feel evolution should be taught in public schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I always find this topic interesting. I would totally give evolution a fare shake if someone, anyone at all can lead me to a source that has all the scientific proof that evolution is not a theory, but actual science fact. No one has yet to lead me to such info. I even listen to this Dr. who is on talk radio who is an avid evolutionist and a man happen to call in and ask him, what books are out there that does this very thing so he can get his creationist family to shut up. And the beloved Dr. said Sorry, but there is no such book in existence.  So my question would be, if there is sooooooooo much info and proof out there of evolution, then why has no one put together a website or book that shows all this scientific proof.  I have no problem with them teaching evolution in school as long as they are NOT teaching it as FACT.  I learned it in school as one theory, for which it is. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes. There is so much data to support it as the way the world has come to be as we see it today.

I do think that other creation stories should be brushed on too. But not just the Christian one. When I was in school we were taught evolution, but we also learned the creation stories of some American Indian peoples among others.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If they are going to teach one side they need to equally teach the other side of that coin.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Teach them both...as in, "This is one theory and this is the other."

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Of course it should as it is science and if young people are to go on to have careers in science or related fields then they need to be educated in scientific method and principles.

Creation myths have their place in religion and maybe sociology but not in science.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• this~

Of course it should as it is science and if young people are to go on to have careers in science or related fields then they need to be educated in scientific method and principles.

LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 2:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• no....this theory is not proven...so...no...because....it is in theory only.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Only if the school wants their students to get somewhere in life. Seriously... creationism as an equivalent to evoluationary theory? Don't people realize how stupid that sounds???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

Probably about as stupid and void as your statement. Anon 12:02
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• creationism as an equivalent to evolutionary theory? Don't people realize how stupid that sounds???

I'm well aware of how stupid evolutionary theory is...sorry we did not come from apes and BTW Darwin recanted on his theory himself so yes its a stupid and useless subject to teach.

Anonymous