for SAHM, when and what was your last job experince like?

ive been out of work for almost a year, might go back :(, i worked in the meat dept of a grociey store for 4 years. it was easy for me most the time, when i quit i was working 48 hours, and was alomost 6mo pg. . . my son was almost 2 and a family member just passed. at times i wish i didnt im not sure if going back is right for me.

lilmonkey07

Asked by lilmonkey07 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I went back to work partime when my daughter was 10 months old. I worked 3 hours, 5 days a week for a woman who really understood what it meant to be a mom. She didn't have a problem with it if I had to clock out and go nurse my daughter at daycare. I'm so thankful that I had that experience, but we had to move out of state and now I'm back to being a stay-at-home mom until I can get my own business off the ground :)

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i was working as a cashier at a gas station and then I moved in with my boyfriend quite far away from my job. I do not drive and he did not have a car at the time, so I talked to him about it and he said he did'nt care if I quit and got a job closer to home. Well about a month later I found out I was pregnant and I insisted that I be the one to raise my child, and not some day care center or babysitter who I would not trust to do things the way I want them done. SO said this was fine with him. even though we can not really afford it, we cut back on other things just so I can be a SAHM. Now my son is 13 months and SO is starting to make comments about me going back to work, but I refuse at least until my son enters pre-school!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have been a work at home mom for 18 months now and love it. So sorry I have no help here. But I was working in a hospital as a nurse before I got pregnant.

Jill
    Work at home mom of 2 girls

freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 3:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you thought about working from home? I work at home and I love it!!! I work with a very legitimate team and company. In fact, we have have won awards from the BBB. I do not sell, stock, or deliver anything. We offer a free website, free training, unlimited support and a free personal mentor to help you reach your financial goals. If you are interested in working from home please visit me at www.workathomeunited.com/heathers for more information.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009